I am loving my new Vitamix blender! I just made my first pesto and I can’t wait to make another it was so incredibly simple and oh sooo yummy! I got the idea after pruning my herb garden and realizing I had a ton of cuban oregano, sweet basil and columnar basil clippings. What to do with all these clipping???? Pesto!
What do you do with this pesto once you’ve made it? Oh so many options! You could drizzle on some tomatoes, or bake on chicken, use as a dip with rice crackers, or as a spread on a rice wrap or spring roll. I have to admit, i just ate some right off the spoon.
I really eyeballed the ingredients, so feel free to add more of less of items depending on your taste. I prefer the garlic salty taste, so I added bit more of that when I made my last batch. However, instead you could double the pine nuts for a more nutty taste.
- 1 large bunch Cuban Oregano (approx. 2-3 cups)
- 1 large bunch Basil (approx. 2-3 cups)
- 2 cups of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup Go Veggie Grated Parmesan (or your preferred parmesan substitute)
- ½ cup So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk (or your preferred substitute for heavy cream)
- ½ cup Pine Nuts
- ½ Tbs Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Put all ingredients in Vitamix except for 1 cup of olive oil and the Culinary Coconut Milk. While blending add olive oil and culinary coconut milk from. Blend to desired consistency.