Tom's Black Bean Soup
Tip: You can reduce the prep time if you already have beans prepared.
Author: Thomas Hall
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 cup Black Beans Prepared
- 4 cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock (or Chicken Broth)
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cilantro
- ½ cup Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Soak dry black beans in cool water overnight then drain.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel
- Slice mushrooms to desired thickness
- Heat skillet to medium/high and add oil when pan is hot
- Add the mushrooms and toss occasionally until golden brown
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a medium saucepan
- Add the black beans and cilantro
- Reduce heat to low and cover
- Allow the soup to simmer for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the stock has reduced by almost half, pour half the soup mixture into a blender and blend until smooth
- Return blended mixture back to the saucepan, stir thoroughly and salt to taste
- Plate in a soup bowl, add mushrooms and top with cracked black pepper