This is one of my new favorite sides. My mother introduced me to this combination over Christmas and I was hooked. I have always loved the flavor of sweet potatoes but other than sweet potato fries, I hadn’t gotten very creative with them. Welcome to sweet potato curls!
Mixed with some sweet onion and sautéed until lightly caramelized makes this almost feel like I’m cheating but not only is it yummy goodness its a recipe filled with nutrition. Sweet potatoes are about 100 calories a cup and jam packed with Vitamin A. They are also full of beta-carotene which I’ve heard can be even better absorbed if you add a little fat…. can you say bacon 😉
I made this batch with about 1/4 of a sweet onion which made the perfect easy side for my dinner.
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- ¼ Large Sweet Onion
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Rinse and prep the sweet potato by peeling off the skin. Using a spiral cutter cut whole potato. (if you have a grater attachment for a food processor that can work well too)
- Prepare a pan by placing over medium heat with a little coconut oil.
- Add sweet potato cuttings.
- While the sweet potato begins to cook dice the onion quarter and add to pan.
- Stir occasionally on medium until cooked to desired textures (8-10 minutes)
- Remove from heat and serve